- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if there is a request for a bulk order. Ask the buyer to provide photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams. This is also true for house rentals.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- In case of electronic goods, cars, and bikes you should test the functioning of the item before purchase. Verify vehicle chassis number. 3rd party services are available that can provide the history of a vehicle for theft, damage, and for identification purposes.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
Never reveal your login and password of your account. Think of a difficult password, consisting of minimum 6 characters, including at least one digit. For safety reasons we do not recommend storing the password in the browser. If you feel that someone knows your password - change to a new one.
Be careful if the price of the product is clearly undervalued. Pay special attention if the seller avoids personal collection of the product with respect to your request on the site or send COD. Be careful when you are entering into a transaction with the user whose account was found recently on the BooksOnMove site or when it is written in a way that seems like a template or automatically translated. In the case of ads from "Free" category do not transfer money before shipment.
Please contact us, at Legal Issues if you suspect someone to be acting fraudulently on BooksOnMove. We also urge you to notify the Police immediately if you have been a victim of fraud.
Check all the item before publishing your ad (title, description category, pricing and contact details etc.